Friday, March 2, 2012

Sign-Up for the 2012 A-Z Challenge




The A-Z 2012 Challenge will commence in April!
I am going to spend some time preparing myself for the posting, perusing, possibilities that might come from an attempt to not only write a blog a day for a month (without the Sundays), but also to read and respond to those fellow bloggers that are taking on the challenge. It will prove to be an adventure, and I love a good challenge, especially if it is laced in wonderfully woven words. If you have not heard of the A-Z Challenge before, please be sure to read the following thoroughly, then decide if you have what it takes to jump aboard and join us in writing from A-Z in April!

The following was copied from one of the main A-Z sites:
2012 A to Z Challenge Sign Up List
The brainchild of Arlee Bird, at Tossing it Out, the A to Z Challenges to post the letter of the alphabet every day during the month of April, with Sundays off for good behavior. Since April 1 falls on a Sunday, that will be the day we start with A. Whether you go with a theme or freestyle, your post must match the letter of the alphabet for that day. Add your name to the list, grab the badge to the right, and when the Challenge begins, start by visiting the blog immediately after your own. Set a goal – we recommend five blogs a day, more if you are able.
For more information and to stay on top of developments, we recommend you follow the A to Z Challenge Blog and the hosts: Arlee Bird at Tossing it Out, Alex J. Cavanaugh, Stephen Tremp at Breakthrough Blogs, Jenny Pearson at Pearson Report, Matthew McNish at The QQQE, Tina Downey atLife is Good, Jeremy Hawkins at Retro-Zombie, DL Hammons at Cruising Altitude, Shannon Lawrence at The Warrior Muse, Elizabeth Mueller,Damyanti Biswas at Amlokiblogs, Karen Gowen at Coming Down the Mountain, and Konstanz Silverbow at No Thought 2 Small. We also have aFacebook page,, email address 2012azinfo@gmail.com, and the Twitter hashtag is #AtoZChallenge.

This is a great opportunity to discipline yourself, grow as a blogger, and make new friends – come join us!




8 comments:

  1. I'm your first follower (after you). I like how you've made a special blog for the Challenge.
    Have fun!

    My advice is to scrap the Word Verification in order to encourage more comments.


    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge
    Blogging from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arlee, I hate those captchas, but when I set this up I forgot to make sure it was off... thanks for the reminder!

      Delete
  2. Hi there, I'm popping in from the challenge!
    I completed it last year and had a blast! Good luck fellow A-Z'er.
    http://writer-in-transit.co.za/a-z-story/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there mish, thank you for stopping in... I am getting excited; this will be my first year for the A-Zing ;-)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog today!
    I'm your newest follower - no.4, to be precise *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mish, I am saving this one for all those I will meet through the A-Z challenge, that way (hopefully) I can see all of the blogs that people are participating with. There are 1040 people participating so far! It might take me a while to get to them all :-) Thank you for following.

      Delete
  4. Hey there, did you make a blog just for the A-Z? Thanks also for the great skull award you gave me, I'll follow this one too in addition to regular "Bloggit Write". My 3 blogs are in this challenge too, I hope we make it.
    Pam

    Quig Land
    A Pirate Looks Past Sixty
    Pirate Knitting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Pam!,

      Yes I did prepare this one just for the A-Z Challenge. I thought that there were so many people getting involved that it might be a good idea. We can do it!! :-)

      Delete

"Life is to be lived. If you have to support yourself you bloody well better find a way that is going to be interesting." Katherine Hepburn